Senior Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Senior Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM to provide key contributions to the systems engineering lifecycle of a Space Based Augmentation System (SBAS) project for the Australian Government. The successful incumbent will be part of a dedicated project team to ensure critical technical documentation is updated and maintained, and support change management, design reviews and requirements management activities.
This is a full-time role based in Sydney with occasional national travel.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM:
• Lead the systems engineering team to meet the technical objectives set by the management plans and master schedule
• Provide the Project Manager with technical information to support generation of performance reports
• Develop and maintain Systems Engineering Management Plans and other technical management plans
• Prepare and maintain system / sub-system requirements specifications, interface requirements, and test documents
• Support the integration and testing of a new spacecraft design and build programme
• Management of requirements databases, analysis and de-composition of customer requirements
• Development of technical documentation to support key technical milestones and design reviews
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Senior Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM:
• 5-7 years’ minimum experience working in a systems engineering role within SATCOM / space / defence, ideally on Australian Space programmes
• Must be degree educated in engineering discipline (mechanical, systems, space, computer science, or similar)
• Systems engineering experience using best practice methodologies (V-Model, Agile etc.)
• Experience of Verification & Validation Processes, Integrated Logistics Support, Interface Control Management and Requirements Traceability
• Ability to produce and maintain systems engineering management plans
• Ability to produce project technical documentation such as SRD, URD, ICD’s and test specifications