Holt Executive are collaborating with a leading provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. They require a Senior Systems Engineer – Skynet to join the Mission Systems business team in Bristol. This role also provides flexible hybrid working arrangements with 1 day in the office/on-site and 4 days working from home.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer – Skynet will support the team to deliver a range of new and modified subsystems, end to end services covering a range of Military and Commercial technologies and software.
As Senior Systems Engineer – Skynet you’ll design and deliver End to End telecoms solutions within the Skynet domain; innovate using industry leading products and 3rd party services over LEO, MEO and GEO; provide expert knowledge on technology and operations, including satellite modems, Network Management Systems and IP Networking and be responsible for full Engineering lifecycle from requirements, design, production, test, integration and Assurance.
Essential Skills and Experience for the Senior Systems Engineer – Skynet:
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and delivery of communications systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Systems Engineering processes on large and/or complex engineering projects.
- Demonstratable experience in the defence or telecommunication industry, ideally MILSATCOM or COMSAT.
- Demonstratable experience of project delivery following engineering process from requirement to in service.
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave.
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance.
- Benefit Platform, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
- Employee Share Plan.
- Professional memberships, personal development training.
- STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities.
- Working from home and flexible work patterns.
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and Share Ownership Scheme.