Service Desk Engineer – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Service Desk Engineer – SATCOM to support customers’ telecommunications needs as a first point of contact for their operational support requirements. This includes receiving and actioning customer standard service requests, responding to service incidents and outages to diagnose faults and restore services, maintaining customer facing IT services, as well as testing and preparing satellite terminal hardware for field operations.
Key Responsibilities for the Service Desk Engineer – SATCOM:
• Answer customer technical support calls and emails.
• Triage the requests and incidents, conduct further investigation as required and progress the delivery or resolution of technical problems.
• Provide customer staff in the field with telephone support on equipment operation and fault-finding.
• Understand satellite terminals from a set up and support perspective.
• Ensure all support Service Level Agreements are met.
• Conduct maintenance activities on IT systems and satellite terminal hardware.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Service Desk Engineer – SATCOM:
• A Diploma or Degree in an Engineering discipline relevant to IT server administration or IP network engineering or telecommunications.
• Maintenance and support of physical and virtual Windows Server systems.
• Troubleshooting and resolving networking or communications systems incidents.
• Ability to prepare technical documentation and reports under supervision.
• Must be able to listen and empathise with customer issues – putting the customer first.
• Must be competent with use of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Visio.
• Must hold Australian citizenship and have a suitable background to qualify and maintain a government security clearance.