Holt Executive are working with a leading technology innovator servicing the global aviation industry, offering cutting edge products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation.
They require a Software Developer – Aerospace & Aviation to join the team in Hampshire, that provides an outsourced Flight Data Monitoring service to aircraft operators worldwide. The current projects are developing new safety services for our pilot training products. This includes deploying cloud-based capabilities as part of a Big Data platform.
The successful applicant will undertake software development tasks, prioritise tasks in line with company strategy, and deliver safety solutions to customers.
Responsibilities for the Software Developer – Aerospace & Aviation:
- Interface with key clients that have software development requirements.
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customer requests, including acceptance criteria and constraints in accordance to the software development style and quality guidelines.
- Maintain and improve internal and external software systems and applications.
- Manage workload of jobs using JIRA task management tools.
- Apply agile software development and test-driven development methods to software development activities.
- Ensure software releases are to plan, achieve acceptable quality, and follow the release procedures.
- Design and update software databases. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Independently install, customize, and integrate commercial software packages.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required by the Software Developer – Aerospace & Aviation:
- Minimum 1 year commercial Python programming experience.
- Expertise in at least one Python framework, such as Django or Flask.
- Use of Python libraries such as NumPy and Pandas.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field – preferred but not essential.