Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading supplier of satellite solutions and services. As a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering services company, the business is involved in a variety of projects ranging from design and development of space systems to management of launch services and in-orbit satellite control.
They currently require a Software Developer – Satellite & Space to support space industry ground segment project work, to design and develop software solutions for ground applications in the space domain. The office is in Bedfordshire, but the company offer home-based working with a requirement to attend the office once per month.
Responsibilities for the Software Developer – Satellite & Space:
- Design and Development of software solutions for ground applications in the space domain, potentially including:
- Web applications for data visualisation and exploitation
- Monitoring and Control Segment Systems
- Mission Systems
- User Segment Systems
- Earth Observation Data Management Systems
Experience required by the Software Developer – Satellite & Space:
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline with software modules.
- 3-10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in the space industry.
- Requirements analysis.
- Software system development using modern architectures.
- Configuration management (Git source code control).
- Linux and/or Windows development.
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST).
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins, Buildkite).
- Virtualisation / cloud based computing (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes/ArgoCD)
- Competitive Package
- Private healthcare
- Excellent pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Open hybrid working environment (one day every month on-site)