Solutions Architect – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Solutions Architect – SATCOM to provide networking and satellite communications solution concepts, detailed solution designs, systems integration, maintenance program development and training solutions. The successful incumbent will develop solutions to meet specific customer requirements utilising either existing or newly developed hardware, product configurations and/or services, and will collaborate with functional teams to bring new hardware and services into operation.
Key Responsibilities for the Solutions Architect – SATCOM:
• Act as a technical interface to the presales and sales team.
• Provision of satellite solution designs and satellite systems integration expertise.
• Review all inputs from suppliers to support the development of an end to end solution.
• Provide timely and insightful technical input into the preparation of tender and quotation responses.
• Specification, documentation and implementation of hardware solutions for mobile and fixed satellite services.
• Development of configuration scripting for terminal hardware as part of satellite-based communications solutions.
• Specification, documentation and implementation of hardware solutions for IP networking over satellite.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Solutions Architect – SATCOM:
• Must hold a relevant engineering degree, with demonstrable experience in the communications industry.
• Must be able to design and develop solutions to meet customer user cases and produce design documentation.
• Track record of creating detailed technical proposals.
• Understanding of Satellite communications architecture (e.g., ground segment and Terminals).
• Strong understanding of RF networks and technologies.
• Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based operating system installation and configuration.
• Proven industry experience in software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
• The ability to efficiently analyse communication issues being experienced by clients and devise appropriate solutions.
• Proficient in the engineering of satellite link budgets.
• Experience in applications programming, scripting technologies (eg. LUA, PHP, SOAP).