Space Segment Architect – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Navigation Systems / Space Segment Architect – SATCOM to work on various strategic programmes and projects; a key role responsible for the definition of space segment capabilities and requirements and the provision of engineering support to bids/proposals and technical studies in the field of satellite services/systems and products.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on site (London) one day per week, along with a competitive salary.
The successful Navigation Systems / Space Segment Architect – SATCOM will:
- Act as Space Segment Architect for future system(s)/capabilities development programmes
- Define, design, develop and document the capabilities, functions, sub-systems, architectures, interfaces and operations of selected space segment architectures
- Undertake engineering analysesand feasibility studies appropriate to requirements definition, architectural design and other engineering elements associated with space segment architectures, services and/or products
- Manage engagement with potential sub-system partners and suppliers, acquiring technical and commercial information as appropriate
- Contribute to bids, proposals, product/service developments and related business development activities in relation to potential future strategic programmes and opportunities.
- Identify and develop new service/product concepts in the context of strategic programmes business development and execute early technical feasibility studies/analyses to feed into overall business case development.
- Provide on-time delivery of defined, agreed work package outputs, inclusive of documentation and/or presentation material.
Essential Knowledge and Skills for the Navigation Systems / Space Segment Architect – SATCOM:
- Engineering or Physics (or similar) first degree or higher, ideally in Aerospace, Telecommunications, Navigation or other similar technical areas
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of systems engineering processes, concepts and implementation
- Capabilities and knowledge of information systems, network systems and other software-intensive data management and processing systems
- Knowledge of the UK government aerospace sector
- Knowledge of and expertise relating to the implementation of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) concepts, processes, and techniques, using software tools such as AGI/STK and Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of and use of ECSS and/or similar aerospace engineering standards.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.