Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability to be proactively involved in all aspects of the Spacecraft Operations team, making an impact on current and future missions and developing the companies facilities and working practices.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability:
- Perform routine and critical real-time spacecraft operations.
- Participate in operations planning and scheduling processes.
- Develop, validate and maintain nominal and contingency mission operations procedures.
- Develop, validate and maintain operations tools and scripts.
- Prepare spacecraft user manuals and other operations documentation.
- Contribute to the development of mission operations concepts.
- Provide operations expertise at system, subsystem and instrument level; supporting design reviews, bid proposals and other activities.
- Perform health and performance trend analysis at system, subsystem and instrument level, producing reports.
- Investigate spacecraft anomalies and participate in anomaly resolution process.
Skills required by the Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability:
- University degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of satellite subsystems, in particular AOCS/GNC or OBDH.
- Operation of satellite ground systems, in particular procedure development, monitoring and control, mission planning, on-board software management, configuration management and simulator facilities.
- Satellite performance monitoring and reporting, including anomaly analysis and resolution in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes.