Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability to develop spacecraft mission and system design, taking the lead on certain aspects of project work which involves developing scalable solutions across the spectrum of satellite in-orbit servicing, space situational awareness, end of life and active debris removal.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on site (Oxford) two days per week, along with a competitive salary and benefits.
Areas of Responsibility for the Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability:
• Performing trade-off analysis.
• Performing analysis of the system design.
• Generate and maintain system level budgets (mass, power, data).
• Generate and maintain the requirements and associated design & verification compliance.
• Prepare sub-system requirements specification to support procurement.
• Coordinating with the subsystem leads to understand their problems.
• Reviewing inputs from subsystem engineers or external partners.
• Authoring and maintaining system level documents, e.g. CONOPS, V&V plan, System test plans.
• Assist with writing bids, developing and analysing designs during early phases and then continuing that support into the testing phase with AIT.
• Once a mission is launched, assistance with in-orbit commissioning of satellites and support for the spacecraft operations team.
Required Competencies, Experience and Qualifications for the Spacecraft Systems Engineer – Space Sustainability:
• 2 years’ experience of satellite system engineering.
• An understanding of all the critical subsystems that make up a satellite mission.
• Experience with requirements management.
• Ability to perform complicated trade-offs.
• Good understanding of attitude and orbit control subsystem.
• Experience of satellite level AIT
• Experience of mission operations.
• Experience with STK.
• Experience with FMECA.