Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology
Holt Executive are working with a leading technology innovator servicing the global aviation industry, offering cutting edge products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation.
They are recruiting an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team in Crawley, West Sussex, to monitor, measure and improve the quality of parts and products produced by external suppliers.
The role requires a close working relationship with the Sourcing and Engineering teams as well as external suppliers to ensure that designs and requirements are clearly defined, specifications and standards are adhered to, and first articles and follow on deliveries meet quality and technical requirements.
Day to day responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology:
- Support the evaluation of new suppliers and their quality management systems
- Audit existing supplier processes and quality management systems
- Establish regular communication with suppliers
- Visit supplier premises to support product buy-offs or quality investigations
- Support, monitor and audit new and existing suppliers and first articles to ensure compliance to appropriate standards and requirements
- Capture and analyse all defects, rework and rejects relating to supplied parts
- Investigate supplier issues following an 8D root causes corrective action process
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions
- Provide support to external audit bodies (such as ISO 9001:2015)
- Ensure adherence to internal process, as well as update and improve those processes.
Knowledge and Skills required by the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer – Aviation Technology:
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of Quality tools and methods such as 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Qualifications & experience in manufacturing, production, quality or engineering disciplines
- Experience in supplier quality assurance processes and in dealing with suppliers is preferable
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Able to work away from home to support short duration trips (1 – 5 days typically)