Holt Executive are partnered with a global maritime and defence technology innovator who provide advanced defence and commercial technologies to aerospace, aviation, land and sea, delivering solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.
They require a Systems Engineer – Maritime/Defence to join the team in Bristol who design and develop products and systems that focus on marine automation, control systems, and simulation equipment.
The successful applicant will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
They are looking to bring on an Advanced level professional with 4+ years’ experience in a related field, to manage projects or processes with general supervision.
Key Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer – Maritime/Defence:
- Definition and management of system level requirements;
- Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of traceability to customer requirements;
- Development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements; and
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience required by the Systems Engineer – Maritime/Defence:
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Post graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Excellent IT skills (Experience with DOORS is essential; System Architect or Rhapsody would be beneficial);
- Excellent understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity; and
- Knowledge of marine systems engineering would be beneficial.
- Auto Enrolment Retirement Savings Plan (up to 7% employer contribution)
- Group Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and holiday buy/sell
- Discounts with travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- Free mortgage advice
- Plus, a range of other flexible benefits