Systems Engineer – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Systems Engineer – SATCOM within their centralised Technology Office, which focuses on innovative technology development and engineering to ensure their products and services are constantly pushing the boundaries of satellite communications. The team is responsible for delivering development programmes, including satellites and launchers, ground infrastructure (ground stations, networks, user terminals and access technology), regulatory, market access and product and service development.
The company offer Hybrid working with a requirement to be on site (London) one day per week, along with a competitive salary.
Primary Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer – SATCOM:
- Support review of type approval test results (including alpha test, physical layer and protocol test report)
- Support the development of test requirements, support test tools development and participate in verification/approval testing to ensure compliance to System Requirements
- Support the development of test plan and carry out testing on the BGAN network as well as on various test platforms in preparation to the introduction of new BGAN services.
- Develop expertise in physical layer design and protocol layers of the BGAN system design
- Participate and support the Systems Architecture & Design team in the ongoing maintenance process for the BGAN System Definition Manual (SDM)
Essential Knowledge and Skills for the Systems Engineer – SATCOM:
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Good knowledge in data communication protocols.
- Good knowledge in mobile communication (UMTS, LTE, 5G).
- Good knowledge of modulation (O-QPSK, QAM) and coding (turbo codes).
- Good knowledge of software development and engineering techniques
- Good knowledge and experience of software programming and use of simulation tools (e.g. MatLab) for system development and analysis.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.