Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM to provide key contributions to the systems engineering lifecycle of a Space Based Augmentation System (SBAS) project for the Australian Government. The successful incumbent will be part of a dedicated project team to ensure critical technical documentation is updated and maintained, and support change management, design reviews and requirements management activities.
Key Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM:
- Support the systems engineering team to meet the technical objectives set by the management plans and master schedule
- Support interactions between CTO technical team and Customer technical representatives
- Provide the Lead Systems Engineer with technical information to support generation of performance reports
- Develop and maintain technical documentation as required by the contract
- Prepare and maintain system / sub-system requirements specifications, interface requirements, and test documents
- Regularly liaise with the UK-based Systems Engineer in the CTO team to obtain technical status and collaborate on development of technical documentation
- Support the CTO Team with integration and testing of a new spacecraft design and build programme
- Management of requirements databases, analysis and de-composition of customer requirements
- Development of technical documentation to support key technical milestones and design reviews
- Support the Senior Systems Engineer in Design reviews and lead the technical elements of those reviews
- Support costing and implementation of contract change notices issued by the Customer
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Systems Engineer (Satellite Navigation) – SATCOM:
- 3 years minimum experience working in a system engineering role within SATCOM / space / defence, ideally on Australian 5-eyes Space programmes
- Must be degree educated in engineering discipline (mechanical, systems, space, computer science, or similar)
- Systems engineering experience using best practice methodologies (V-Model, Agile etc.)
- Experience of Verification & Validation Processes, Integrated Logistics Support, Interface Control Management and Requirements Traceability
- Ability to produce project technical documentation such as SRD, URD, ICD’s and test specifications
- Experience in using requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cradle etc.