Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Technical Architect (Spacecraft Systems) to support and strengthen the growing Engineering department, bringing a wealth of technical experience and expertise to advance the company’s position in a hugely innovative and exciting industry. This role is critical to ensure the company can continue to make a difference, by ensuring the architecture is in place to drive forward missions and help to make space safer and more sustainable for future generations.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Technical Architect (Spacecraft Systems):
- Technical decisions for projects
- Receives the Engineering Director’s delegation of authority in relation to technical decisions
- Is the technical reviewer for their field of specialism across each of the engineering domains
- Is the key referent/first point of contact in case of technical queries that cannot be managed by the respective teams
- Problem resolution
- Works across the engineering teams to ensure problems are managed from identification through to resolution. Help resolve technical problems as and when they arise
- Project & technical development reviews
- Oversees the technical development and implementation of assigned programs in the relevant project reviews, and guides teams
- Engineering processes and procedures
- Ensures quality of standards and procedures across engineering; defining, mapping and proposing processes and procedures
Experience required by the Technical Architect (Spacecraft Systems):
- Undergraduate engineering degree in an associated field.
- Extensive experience in the development & design of spacecraft systems
- Experience at spacecraft level in a systems architecture roles
- At least 10-15+ years’ experience in their areas of expertise
- Experience working with businesses delivering long-term complex projects and programmes
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)