Technical Service Desk Manager – SATCOM
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a Global Satellite Connectivity Organisation, a market leader in providing voice and high-speed data communications to a number of critical industries. With massive recent investment in their latest network infrastructure, they are at the forefront of space and satellite innovation.
They require a Technical Service Desk Manager – SATCOM to manage and support the Technical Service Desk which supports customers’ telecommunications needs. This includes receiving and actioning customer standard service requests, responding to service incidents and outages to diagnose faults and restore services, maintaining customer facing IT services, as well as testing and preparing satellite terminal hardware for field operations.
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Service Desk Manager – SATCOM:
• Leading the Service Desk function with a strong focus upon delivering best practice service desk support, driving incident and request management to meet SLAs.
• Promoting a strong ethos of customer satisfaction through responsive, professional, informative and considered interaction with clients across all medium.
• Recruitment of individuals who possess the relevant mix of technical, interpersonal and motivation to drive the service forward and develop their onward career.
• Creating, implementing and executing a comprehensive induction programme for new employees, ensuring that individuals are fully conversant with the requirements of the role and able to demonstrate readiness to work with appropriate levels of supervision.
• Striving for continual service improvement in all aspects of the service desks operations, promoting a highly structured approach to identifying, reviewing issues and taking corrective actions to avoid future repetition.
• Driving the monitoring and proactive response to events to minimise impact upon services and clients. Ensuring tickets are proactively administered and updated appropriately to reassure stakeholders that resolution is actively progressing.
• Ensuring documentation is proactively managed, maintained and reviewed to accurately reflect current best practice in terms of technical and customer knowledge.
Essential Knowledge and Skills required by the Technical Service Desk Manager – SATCOM:
• Significant experience of managing a small to medium multi-site technical service desk.
• Whilst this is not a technical role a broad technical knowledge would be advantageous.
• Previous experience in a Managed Service Provider environment, supporting multiple infrastructures.
• Focus on customer care and promoting a customer centric approach.
• The ability to take ownership of problems and proactively resolve technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
• Both a user and service focused approach by taking ownership and accountability of escalated issues raised and creating resolutions to deliver an excellent support service.
• Hold or be able to hold an Australian Security Clearance.