Holt Executive are supporting a leader in the global aerospace industry. Our client provides MRO services and is the principal aircraft repair and overhaul service in Europe. They are recruiting for a VP – Commercial (Aviation/MRO) who will be responsible for proactively identifying and pursuing sales opportunities to develop new customer relationships. You will play a key role in the design of business plans, producing sales plans and establishing the business strategy for capability to increase market share whilst meeting Year on Year budgets and strategic targets.
As VP – Commercial (Aviation/MRO) you will lead the commercial team with a focus on sales whilst also being fully engaged with all business stakeholders to ensure sales and capacity are aligned to deliver a safe, profitable product and ultimate delivery of customer satisfaction.
This opportunity will be based in Birmingham or Manchester with an appropriate level of home working. There is also the requirement to undertake extensive domestic and international travel to meet with customers.
Key Responsibilities for VP – Commercial (Aviation/MRO):
- Build an annual budget for new and existing revenue streams, produce Sales plans and road maps to deliver targets and a margin-driven focus on: Base Maintenance, Line Maintenance, Engine Shop, and Support Shops.
- Be proactive in developing carefully thought-through strategies and tactical moves to convert new and existing opportunities – always remaining in step with overarching business strategy.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are engaged with new and existing opportunities, seeing a ‘can do’ solution-oriented culture prevails – taking the team and other stakeholders with you.
- Be the leader for customer centricity in and amongst the wider business to ensure customer relationships are developed and the customers become net promotors of the business.
- Build strong, long-term relationships with customers through effective networking establishing relationships formed on trust, confidence, and dependability.
- Be proactive and determined in identifying areas of continuous improvement, showing empathy for people’s constraints and pressures, being the one leading conflict resolution and not being afraid to challenge and remove nonvalue add processes and costs – drive performance and margin.
- Set key performance indicators and targets for the commercial team and evaluate performance against agreed targets being prepared to challenge where necessary and equally, recognise exceptional performance.
Essential Knowledge & Skills for the VP – Commercial (Aviation/MRO):
- Commercial experience to include Civil Sector MRO for Base, Line and Shops – Military sector an advantage.
- Several years’ experience managing and interacting with customers from Technical Representatives to Executive and decision-maker levels, being comfortable and confident in Board Room environments.
- Several years of experience in contract management and key account management.
- Ability to negotiate high-value long-term contracts, at the same time as being able to convert emergent opportunities at pace. Show the ability to make quick but safe decisions, navigate options and build winning proposals.
- Demonstrable track record of identifying new opportunities, capabilities, and growing sales streams with the conversion of these opportunities into wins.
- Knowledge of Part 145 regulations, A, B, C Ratings, to the level of engaging with customers to win.
- Experience in managing and coaching teams – motivating to win, challenging to perform, and recognising exceptional effort and delivery.
- Strong commercial and financial knowledge with a detailed understanding of revenue, costs of sales and margin performance to business unit level: Base Line Engines Shops
- Portfolio of existing customers and business network/relationships
- Must have a full UK or EU Driving Licence and be able to obtain full airport security clearance.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more opportunities in our job section here.