Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies into a variety of markets across the globe. Due to continued growth, they have an immediate requirement for a Wirer at their West Sussex site.
The successful Wirer will have a good understanding and experience of manufacturing wiring looms and assembling connectors. Routing and fitting complex wiring to enclosures and other mechanical structures.
This is an opportunity to join an established, growing business where no two days are the same. Working on cutting-edge technology, you will join an experienced team who all work together to achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities for the Wirer:
- Accurate assembly of equipment to Engineering drawings.
- Responsibility for inspecting own work, checking for electrical errors and ensuring equipment is wired according to drawings, best practices and applicable standards/procedures before passing equipment to the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure changes/modifications/improvements during the build process are documented and communicated to the Engineering team via the change request or P1 wiring process.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed as specified in the Quality Manual.
- Ensure work can be completed by communicating material shortages with production control and purchasing.
Skills and Experience for the Wirer:
- Minimum of 3yrs relevant experience in an electrical wiring field.
- Experience in a start up or pilot production environment desirable.
- Familiar with wiring standards required on military equipment desirable.
- Basic mechanical assembly skills desirable.
- Experience of terminating and splicing fibre optic assemblies a benefit.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Occasional travel to customer premises may be required.
Work Life Balance:
- 37.5 hour working week.
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements.
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Christmas closure.
- Holiday purchasing scheme.
- Group pension plan – matched contributions up to 5%.
- Income protection scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life assurance policy, including bereavement counselling and probate helpline.
- Company shares incentive plan and save as you earn scheme.
- Group electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.