Holt Executive is supporting a multi-national defence and aerospace pioneer, delivering mission-critical technology and systems to customers on the land, sea, and air. They are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join their fast-paced, innovative business in Horsham, West Sussex.
As Project Manager you will manage the execution of assigned projects and the overall engineering development efforts and cash flow in regard to cost, time, quality and technical performance.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Ensure new projects are launched with due diligence by creating master schedules, resource demand plans, stage plans and budgets for each stage as delegated.
- Manage communications were delegated with all stakeholders such as sub-contractors, customers and business leaders. Take responsibility for communicating their requirements and managing their expectations.
- Liaise with team engineering leads and department heads to ensure allocation of resources in correct and technical processes are up to date.
- Manage execution of the project schedule to ensure key events and critical stages such as design reviews, acceptance testing, installation, and training occur on time and are effective.
- Liaise with Finance management to prepare and update monthly project reports and forecast margin.
- Establish a risk management strategy for the project, identifying risks, budget implications and forecasting, using mitigation strategies.
- Liaise with management team colleagues to ensure appropriate controls for production and retention, invoicing, shipping, and export controls.
- Coordinate and collect lessons learned and feedback throughout a project for process improvement and personnel development.
Professional Experience & Qualifications for the Project Manager:
- 5+ years experience working in a Defence project management role.
- Project Management Professional with knowledge and certification of project methods (e.g., PRINCE2, PMP, MSP, Six Sigma) and Agile or Lean delivery methodologies (e.g., PMI-ACP, Scrum).
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project lifecycle, from business case development, scoping and mobilisation to design, implementation and deployment of capabilities and benefits realisation.
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail.
- Maintain personal ability to travel within the UK and abroad (driving licence, passport). This may include occasional driving of B-Class company/fleet vehicles.
- Requirements to hold UK SC Clearance.