Holt Executive are partnered with a pioneering defence and security innovator, who provide state-of-the-art products to critical industries on the land, sea and air.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team and lead the development of software applications from concept design, requirements definition, detailed design and coding ensuring that all projects and applications are tested and delivered on time.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Design, code, test, correct and document large and/or complex programs and program modifications to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Develop robust software with particular attention to fault management, fault reporting and health status of applications.
- Produce and maintain related supporting documentations (Interface control documentation, input to user manuals, fault code lists and actions).
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning, and problem resolution activities and understand the Customer’s technical needs and concept of operations and feed this into wider project requirements.
- Co-ordinating technical software review meetings and reporting status, including project reporting and estimate of work packages.
- Ensures that high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently delivers quality code on time and within estimate.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, challenge, contribute and/or construct software specifications in line with requirements.
- Maintaining oversight of all software requirements, issues and progress for a project.
- Continually increase personal understanding of the languages, frameworks, technical concepts, methods and measurements that underpin the Engineering disciplines.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant personnel in the engineering team and provide technical input to the Project Manager to allow them to generate and maintain the project plan and monthly project review packs.
Experience and Qualifications for the Senior Software Engineer:
- Strong degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline in a similar engineering role or industry.
- Successful leadership of technical software projects from requirements capture to delivery.
- At least 5 years’ experience of writing C/C++ for embedded applications and 16bit/32bit microcontrollers.
- Experience of writing Windows based engineering and test GUI’s in C#
- Solid understanding of embedded hardware peripherals (UART(RS232, RS422), CAN, SPI, ADC, DAC ) general appreciation of associated hardware.
- Experience of developing and documenting user interfaces.
- Familiarity with the traditional V model and Agile development cycles and design for test methodologies.
- Experienced of using STM32 processors and Keil uVision development environment and tools.
- QT and QT Creator– multiplatform development environment.