Holt Executive are partnered with a leading Design and Manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supply into a variety of markets across the globe.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced Systems Engineer to assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle. This will include requirement capture, system architecture design and verification/validation activities.
Key Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer:
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist with the development of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- International and Domestic travel will be required
Key Skills & Experience for the Systems Engineer:
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required.
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems is desired.
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking
- A working knowledge of IP networks would be beneficial.
- Group Pension Plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme.
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing.
- Regular Sports and social activities.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus.
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.