Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader within the Global Connectivity space to support a critical hire on a revolutionary Aeronautical programme, supporting and defining the Government and Defence product/market strategy.
They require an Aero/Gov – Product Innovation Manager who will be responsible for planning and delivering the programs capabilities. The role will cover everything from leading the execution of terminal capability developments, working, and engaging with analysis of the Aero market across Government and Defence whilst supporting the definition of product strategy and road map creation.
If you have experience in an innovation, Product Delivery or a Technology role and have a good understanding of the Aero/Gov Satellite Product Arena (Including hardware providers – Terminals etc) and are keen on a long-term contract, it would be great to hear from you.
Key responsibilities for the Aero/Gov – Product Innovation Manager:
- Lead the execution of terminal capability developments under initiative programmes and the wider government aeronautical market as needed, up to product launch.
- Support the definition of the government aero product strategy & roadmap and contribute to the evaluation and feasibility assessment of growth programmes.
- Document the technical proposition and write technical product requirements to support the development activities (e.g., management briefs, RFI, RFPs, etc.)
- Contribute to the business case developments to secure investments for expanding the portfolio and the wider government aeronautical capability set, as needed.
- Work across internal functions and third parties to assess, establish and manage partnerships for launching the product set and other government aeronautical capabilities, as needed.
- Manage the development of product/service description documents in fine and explicit details.
- Work across functions with the go to market, sales, commercial and market development teams to ensure training materials and compelling storytelling and market facing collaterals can be effectively produced.
- Work with other business units to coordinate the product requirements for delivering the product set and the wider government aeronautical capability set.
- Work with CTO to facilitate knowledge sharing on the business networks and capabilities, for enhancing the capability set as well as the wider government aeronautical portfolio.
- Work with key OEMs and other third-party organisation to understand and document key developments in the market.
Essential Knowledge and Skills for the Aero/Gov – Product Innovation Manager:
- Experience in aeronautical product development or system integration.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline or master’s degree.
- Experience working with and delivering services and projects related to satellite terminals or other remote communication systems is highly regarded.
- Business to Government industry experience is desired.
- Related commercial experience is a bonus.