Holt Executive are partnered with a prominent aviation technology pioneer, providing market-leading products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation. They are looking for an experienced Aircraft Customer Support Field Engineer to perform on-site liaison between the company and Airline Customers located in Madrid.
The successful Aircraft Customer Support Field Engineer will be responsible for providing technical guidance, support and training to airline customers to ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities for the Aircraft Customer Support Field Engineer:
- Service, Support, Training and Troubleshooting
- Provide technical guidance, formal training, and field assistance to other personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues. Provides accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration, monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of issuing resolutions, fixes/solutions.
- Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide field inputs to other departments, (i.e., Product Support Engineering, Field Engineering Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems. Collect data required by Support Engineering to evaluate problem areas within the system software.
- Provide a consistent communication path to engineering for problem resolution and establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of fixes/solutions.
- Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight test and customer flight acceptance.
Liaison to Airline/OEMs
- Work closely with the customer’s technical departments in providing timely and accurate data, reports and feedback.
- Respond to all airline queries related to the operation & maintenance systems.
- Provide regular, accurate and detailed technical reports to management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provide clear and concise written and verbal communication and often requires participation or leadership in continuing problem investigations.
- Manage the relationship between company and the assigned customers to ensure satisfaction and long-term business relationship.
Knowledge and Skills required by the Aircraft Customer Support Field Engineer:
- Linux, Unix, Windows and VxWorks (or embedded operating systems).
- TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Understanding of aircraft systems that interface with PAC equipment.
- Understands Recommended Spares requirements and is able to Review Recommended Spare Parts Lists for Marketing Business Proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree is preferred. 8+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Between 5-7 years of experience as Field Engineer or Development Engineer, specializing in electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology.