Holt Executive are partnered with a global leader in the connectivity space. Offering high-speed data and voice communications to a number of industries across the globe. They are searching for an experienced Aviation Operations Engineer to join their team in London.
The incumbent will work in a team to support preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and managing the life cycle of the equipment maintaining the correct software release. Moreover, the Aviation Operations Engineer is required to support the existing tools created to monitor and automate the EAN operations and to support the onboarding of new tools.
The role comes with a competitive salary, bonus scheme and corporate benefits package and there will be a requirement for travel to some of our client’s other offices.
Key responsibilities of the Aviation Operations Engineer:
- Provide second/third level support for EAN service, participate in tests, and maintain the operational documents up to date.
- Provide Aero expertise in the maintenance and enhancement of operational monitoring/reporting and automation tools.
- Monitor service availability of the EAN network.
- Incident and problem management.
- Flight investigations to provide input for network optimisation.
- Ensure all network devices that are under the group are pro-actively monitored.
- Regression testing before and after changes are introduced to the network
Key requirements for the Aviation Operations Engineer:
- University degree level education in Computer Science / Data Communications or equivalent.
- Experience with automation and scripting (Scripting capability is a “must-have” requirement (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of IP Concepts (TCP/UDP, Multicast, Routing, subnetting).
- Understanding of major system and network monitoring techniques(SNMP, System Polling …)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken communication skills.