Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Bid Manager / Bid Engineer to focus on Space Situational Awareness activities, developing bids, securing funding, and supporting a number of BD-related areas including proposal production.
This role would suit someone with past experience in bids or sales, ideally in the spacecraft sector or in complex engineering services or products, who wishes to grow responsibility in the space BD area.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Bid Manager / Bid Engineer:
- Take responsibility for managing and coordinating entire bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission.
- Control overall production of the bid volumes to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Control bid finances, working with finance team and external partners.
- Coordinating partner inputs (scope, finances), with procurement team.
- Support SSA programmes and studies.
Experience required by the Bid Manager / Bid Engineer:
- Ability to be SC cleared.
- 1-4 years’ experience working in bid management in the space industry.
- An excellent “sales / marketing style” in bid production which can be used to convey the selling points of the business, and to construct competitive but deliverable bids and commercial proposals.
- Experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 9 day working fortnight (opt in/out)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare