Holt Executive is supporting a multi-national defence and aerospace pioneer, delivering mission-critical technology and systems to customers on the land, sea, and air. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager – Defence to join their fast-paced, innovative business.
As Commercial Manager you will be involved with the negotiation and administration of contracts for the UK Government Ministry of Defence and other agencies.
The successful Commercial Manager will also support the Senior Commercial Manager in delivering the Commercial activities for the business. You will also work alongside the Business Development and Bid Management Team to develop commercial solutions in response to tenders issued by the UK Government and subsequently providing commercial management of Projects under contract.
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Manager:
- To be the focal point for commercial activities in the tender process, including the preparation of responses to contract conditions and supporting of the Request for Bid Approvals at both business unit and Cohort levels.
- Manage the negotiations with customers of contract terms and conditions, including price and payment, leading to contract award and acceptance.
- Ensure that contracting risk (technical, financial, contractual) is captured and managed in the negotiation of terms and conditions for new business, ensuring all contracting obligations are fully understood.
- To provide drafting input and obtain approval for agreements to be entered into including compliance with due diligence policies and supporting the Business Development team other collaborative arrangements.
- Build and maintain effective customer and partner relationships, consult with internal stakeholders and providing support to the Senior Commercial Manager including acting as a delegate where required.
- To support the Supply Chain team in the drafting and negotiation of sub-contracts for both goods and services.
- To provide the Project Management team with commercial advice and support regarding effective contract execution through the contract lifecycle, from the issue of internal authorization through to contract closure in project.
Essential Knowledge & Skills for the Commercial Manager:
- Broad based knowledge of, and at least five years’ experience working within, the defence industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the International and UK defence contracting environment, with a detailed understanding of pricing, contract terms and conditions, financing and funding mechanisms and a working knowledge of contract law.
- Have previous experience in working across internal and external business boundaries.
- Have relevant experience in the conduct and conclusion of contract negotiations with customers.
- Be able to hold an independent view and offer constructive input to business debates.
- Be an experienced and effective negotiator.
- Be able to resolve fundamental and complex commercial issues with customers.
- Group Pension Plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme.
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing.
- Regular Sports and social activities.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus.
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.