Customer Support Field Engineer – Aerospace
Holt Executive are partnered with a prominent aviation technology pioneer, providing market-leading products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation. They are looking for an experienced Customer Support Field Engineer to perform on-site support for Airline Customers/OEMs to ensure customer satisfaction and optimum performance.
The successful incumbent will provide service, technical guidance, support and training to airline customers to ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met. They will also act as a mentor and technical resource to lower-level Field Engineers.
Key Responsibilities for the Customer Support Field Engineer – Aerospace:
- Provide technical guidance, formal training, and field assistance to other personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration and issue resolution.
- Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation to verify that all specifications are met.
- Work with training department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for airline customers.
- Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide a consistent communication path to engineering for problem resolution. Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of fixes/solutions.
- Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight test and customer flight acceptance.
Knowledge and Skills required by the Customer Support Field Engineer – Aerospace:
- Linux, Unix, Windows and VxWorks (or embedded operating systems).
- TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Thorough understanding of wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Understands Recommended Spares requirements and is able to Review Recommended Spare Parts Lists for Marketing Business Proposals.
- Capable of identifying complex engineering problems in software and hardware and then working with the appropriate department to produce an effective resolution.
Education and Experience required by the Customer Support Field Engineer – Aerospace:
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree is preferred.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of experience as Field Engineer or Development Engineer, specializing in electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology.