Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to various markets across the globe.
Our partner has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to design and develop embedded software and Windows-based user interfaces.
Key Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Development of software applications from concept design, requirements definition, detailed design, and coding.
- Working with Systems, Mechanical/Electrical and Electronics engineers as part of a team to ensure project success.
- Maintaining oversight of all software requirements and issues for a project
- Develop robust software with particular attention to fault management, fault reporting and health status of applications.
- Produce and maintain related supporting documentation (interface control documentation, input to user manuals, fault code lists and actions).
- Work with customers to assist with integration, commissioning, and problem-resolution activities, sometimes on-site.
- Understand the customer’s technical needs and concept of operations and feed this into wider project requirements.
- Work with the Project Manager, Technical Authority and Quality team as required to identify risks, issues, solutions, and opportunities.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant personnel in the engineering team and provide technical input to the project manager to allow them to generate and maintain the project plan and monthly project review packs.
Key Skills and Experience for the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Strong degree in a related discipline.
- Experience of embedded software design and good general appreciation of associated hardware.
- Experience of developing user interfaces.
- Extensive experience of writing C/C++ for embedded applications
- Experience of VxWorks
- Serial communications: Ethernet, RS-232/RS-422/UART
- Use of source control, particularly SVN and GIT
- Use of Jira and Confluence for software requirements and task capture
- Experience of using unit testing tools and technologies
- Static code analysis
- Visual Studio C/C++ and C#
- Low latency programming techniques
- Networking (TCP/UDP)
- 37.5 hour working week and lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Christmas closure.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
- Employee discounts scheme (including access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
If your skills and experience match this Embedded Software Engineer opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org