Holt Executive is working with an established and rapidly expanding defence/security technology pioneer, supplying cutting edge products to some of the biggest names in critical industries. They are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to join their growing team in Horsham.
The purpose of the Field Service Engineer will be to provide field support to their customers worldwide by ensuring the stable operation of hardware and software products by means of maintaining all products and systems.
Key responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer:
- Offsite repairs to products and systems
- Installation of new products at customer sites
- After sales support and servicing to customers
- Generating post site visit reports with clear analysis of situation to include any recommendations and/or future actions in a clear and well-structured format
- Strip-down/survey, repair, and test allocated customer repair returns
- Support the sales team in demos and trials for customers
- Testing and evaluating potential new equipment, sensors/cameras etc with Sales and Engineering
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW’s for installation/commissioning activities
- Lead (as required) in-house Factory Acceptance Testing (FATs) and other customer activities
Key responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
- Have previous experience, knowledge, and exposure within the military with responsibility for naval, army or air force complex systems maintenance
- Have electronics knowledge, including microcontrollers with an understanding of basic control theory – servo tuning is required with a basic understanding of radar, optics, and communications systems
- Be competent mechanical and electro-mechanical skills and understanding
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and proficiency with electrical, mechanical, PC architecture, and software skills including problem diagnosis, software loading and updates
- Have excellent commercial, relationship management and communication skills with key stakeholders and customers (in particular on-site with customers) with the ability to represent the company in complex situations (excellent diplomacy and upselling ability, keeping a commercial mindset at all times on behalf of the business)
- Be highly organised and self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative to tight deadlines within pressurised environments
- Demonstrate core competence working with basic electrical and mechanical assembly tools
- Be able to work in exposed/adverse conditions (equipment on vehicle and ships at sea) and comfortable working at heights and heavy / bulky equipment in military environments (Both land and at sea)
- Must be willing to travel worldwide at sometimes short notice, working extended hours as necessary (company compensation policy applies)
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.