Holt Executive are partnered with a prominent aviation technology pioneer, providing market-leading products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation. They are looking for an experienced Maintenance Service Technician to perform maintenance on In Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems equipped aircraft.
The successful Maintenance Service Technician will perform maintenance and troubleshoot electronic units, cabling, and other aircraft systems/units, under the direct supervision of licensed Maintenance Service Representatives or Maintenance Base Supervisor, to ensure that the IFE system is operational by using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures and complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
Key Responsibilities for the Maintenance Service Technician – Aircraft:
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems.
- Remove and replace units in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Assist MSR during A/C sweep, including deploying and stowing seat arms and Screens.
- Clean screens if applicable to contract.
- Assist Software and Media Loading.
- Assist troubleshooting system failures and functional testing post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with the company’s LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting and month end audit.
- Complete Airside vehicle weekly checks.
- Assist in the packaging and shipping of inventory.
Knowledge and skills required by the Maintenance Service Technician – Aircraft:
- Must have a UK CAA Licence OR if an EASA Licence is held the requirement will be to convert to a UK CAA.
- Must have a B2 or A licence with B777/GE90 OR A380 type rating.
- Experience in a technical field or technical education equivalent.
- Experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Ability to determine if a LRU requires replacement.
- Ability to determine if a unit is bad from stock or requires further troubleshooting.
- Ability to use basic troubleshooting equipment and applicable techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Customer focused
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access