Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to a variety of markets across the globe.
Our partner is seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join the team to support all aspects of production and provide feedback and reports to the design team whilst collaborating on changes as required.
Key Responsibilities for the Mechanical Fitter:
- Prototype and production assembly of machines to engineering drawings and procedures.
- Ensuring all modifications during the build process are documented and change request forms completed.
- Liaise with production control when kits are incomplete.
- Modifications to existing parts using hand tools and basic machine tools such as drills, lathes, and mills.
- Manufacture of brackets, mounting plates and simple tooling.
- Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards and communicate with the engineering team to resolve issues during the build.
- Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date by specified standards.
- Assist in maintaining the office and workshop in a clean and orderly state and ensure good project housekeeping/6S standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and conduct evaluations of equipment as required.
- Provide technical assistance to mechanical fitters where required.
Key Skills & Experience for the Mechanical Fitter:
- Previous experience in a Workshop or Production environment.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with and able to read technical drawings.
• Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
• Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
• Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
• Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as You Earn Scheme.
• Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
• Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
• Regular Sports and social activities.
• Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
• Recruitment recommendation bonus.
• Excellent Learning & Development opportunities.
• Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.