Holt Executive are partnered with a leading global satellite communications service provider. They require a Project Manager – SATCOM to support the primary interface with customers from contract award until the project equipment is fully deployed and operational.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the management of key client projects and will support all phases of the assigned projects and be accountable to deliver the services or products in accordance with the client contracts.
The Project Manager – SATCOM will work with all project stakeholders and resources to develop and deliver the client solution to the agreed and documented specifications whilst raising any variation orders and managing both technical, scope and commercial risk to the project.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager – SATCOM:
- Delivery of assigned projects within Cost, Quality and Schedule constraints.
- Coordinate with internal team managers/leads for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Review resource allocation and availability with managers/leads and escalate issues
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with assigned clients
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Provide and track project accounting information
- Project accounting for all the financial information contained in the project financial tracker, including the project financial summary
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Ensure that project status, issues and successes are communicated to clients, project teams and all levels of management and documented appropriately.
- Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
Skills and Experience for the Project Manager – SATCOM:
- HND or Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunication or Computer Sciences or relevant experience
- Professional Accreditation such as PRINCE 2 or APMP
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the telecommunications environment, deploying projects in remote and harsh environments.
- Effective delegation and time management skills to all levels of the organization and client interfaces
- Experience in Visio and standard MS Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Travel may be required locally and internationally