Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to focus on flight software development for satellite onboard computers; defining solutions based on requirements, working with other subsystem teams on software needs, performing verification, integration, and test activities. Responsibilities will involve integrating Computer Vision and Guidance, Navigation and Control software into the flight software environment.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Design, develop and validate onboard Flight Software.
- Define ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and system level to identify software needs and solutions.
- Perform Flight Software verification, validation, and integration.
- Participate in Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
Skills & Experience required by the Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development for real-time embedded systems (C/C++).
- Experience developing software for the aerospace/space sector.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies & embedded software engineering.
- Experience of implementing real-time systems and software.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)