Holt Executive are partnered with an innovative and leading design and manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and supplies to various markets across the globe.
Our partner has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to lead the design and development of embedded software and Windows-based user interfaces.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Lead development of software applications from concept design, requirements definition, detailed design and coding.
- Design and development of the algorithms and software used for motion control.
- Maintaining oversight of all software requirements and issues for a project.
- Develop robust software with particular attention to fault management, fault reporting and health status of applications.
- Work with customers to assist with integration, commissioning and problem-resolution activities, sometimes on-site.
- Co-ordinating technical software review meetings and reporting status – including project reporting and estimate of work packages.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Authority and Quality team as required to identify risks, issues, solutions and opportunities.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant engineering team personnel, and provide technical input to the project manager to allow them to generate and maintain the project plan and monthly project review packs.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Embedded Software Engineer opportunity, you should have the following Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with real-world signal/analog interfacing.
- Strong mathematics background.
- Experience in leading technical software projects.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Experience of embedded software design and good general appreciation of associated hardware with experience of writing C/C++ for embedded applications.
- Experience in Digital Signal Processing.
- Experienced in using STM32 processors and Keil uVision development environment and tools.
- Serial communications: Ethernet, RS422/UART, CAN, SPI.
- Analogue interfacing: ADC/DACs.
- Use of source control, particularly SVN and GIT/Bitucket.
- Use of Jira and Confluence for software requirements and task capture.
- Experience in using unit testing tools and technologies.
- Static code analysis.
- Experience in designing and developing control systems, preferably of motor control principles and theory and interfaces.
- 37.5 hour working week and lunchtime finishes on a Friday.
- Hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
- 28 days annual leave & Christmas closure.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
Embark on an exciting career journey. Apply now for this Senior Embedded Software Engineer opportunity!