Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer to be involved in critical missions, involving complex manoeuvres, approaching, and docking satellites and avoiding debris. The appointee will experience a range of orbital environments and scenarios as the company perform not only the standard operational lifecycle but also rendezvous, docking and separation activities. The role will include the design, development, testing and operations of the complete Flight Dynamics suite.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer:
- Define flight dynamics requirements.
- Participate in the design of the Flight Dynamics Systems.
- Develop algorithms and software for specific FDS modules.
- Be responsible for SSA processes: conjunction warning assessment, and collision avoidance manoeuvre planning, execution and evaluation.
- Plan, support the execution of and evaluate the performance of, spacecraft orbital and attitude manoeuvres.
- Support the design of the Ground Segment Concept of operations.
- Perform required mission and system analysis studies, preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings.
- Perform routine and critical real-time operations.
- Participate in 24/7 shifts (for mission phases) and on-call rotations, such that safe and efficient operations are ensured on a 24/7 basis.
Skills & Experience required by the Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer:
- Right to work in the UK and eligible for a Security Clearance application (Mandatory).
- University degree in aeronautics, computer science, software engineering, mathematics or relevant science discipline.
- 5+ years’ commercial Space flight dynamics experience.
- Experience in using simulation software MATLAB or similar.
- Experience with Mission Analysis & requirements definition.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)