Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Flight Software Engineer to focus on flight software development for satellite onboard computers; defining solutions based on requirements, working with other subsystem teams on software needs, performing verification, integration, and test activities. Responsibilities will involve integrating Computer Vision and Guidance, Navigation and Control software into the flight software environment.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Flight Software Engineer:
- Lead Flight Software validation and verification efforts.
- Develop V&V plans for Flight Software.
- Manage the set up and maintenance of test environments for Flight Software.
- Identify test equipment and solutions to support Flight Software.
- Perform Flight Software verification, validation, and integration.
Skills & Experience required by the Senior Flight Software Engineer:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development for real-time embedded systems (C/C++).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies & embedded software engineering.
- Experience of implementing real-time systems and software.
- Experience developing software for the aerospace sector.
- Experience of development for VxWorks or RTEMS platforms
- Experience of all stages of mission design lifecycle from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Familiarity with UML.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)