Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Ground Systems Engineer to be involved in the whole ground segment development process, from conceptual design to maintenance, and play a key role by interfacing with the Mission Systems team and the Operations team.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Ground Systems Engineer:
- Participate in/lead the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System
- Derive requirements for the ground segment.
- Interface with the external suppliers’ teams acting as a Product Owner or Technical Officer and provide support to the development team during the ground segment development phase.
- Follow the Agile (SCRUM) methodology to ensure implementation of the requirements.
- Produce and maintain project documentation to good standard including requirements, verification and validation plan, test procedures, test reports, etc.
- Perform verification & validation of the systems with other team members.
- Perform maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Maintain (troubleshoot) ground segment components to support Satellite Operations.
Skills and Experience required by the Senior Ground Systems Engineer:
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of industry experience in satellite ground systems engineering.
- Good knowledge of the main components of a ground segment (for example, mission control system, mission planning system).
- Good knowledge of Requirements Engineering, system integration, verification and validation.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)