Holt Executive are working with a leading technology innovator servicing the global aviation industry, offering cutting edge products to some of the biggest names in commercial aviation.
They require a Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace & Aviation to join the team in Hampshire, that provides an outsourced Flight Data Monitoring service to aircraft operators worldwide. The current projects are developing new safety services for our pilot training products. This includes deploying cloud-based capabilities as part of a Big Data platform.
The successful applicant will coach and mentor team members ensuring code quality, design fidelity and expertise is shared, undertake software development tasks, prioritise tasks in line with business strategy, and deliver safety solutions to customers.
Responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace & Aviation:
- Lead and mentor team members.
- Encourage and motivate people to achieve high standards and meet strategic objectives by actively developing team members’ skills and knowledge and providing constructive feedback.
- Interface with key clients that have software development requirements.
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customer requests, including acceptance criteria and constraints in accordance to the software development style and quality guidelines.
- Maintain and improve internal and external software systems and applications.
- Participate in code review of own and other developer’s code in accordance with code review guidelines.
- Manage own and the teams’ workload of jobs using JIRA task management tools.
- Apply agile software development and test driven development methods to software development activities.
- Ensure software releases are to plan, achieve acceptable quality, and follow the release procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required by the Senior Software Engineer – Aerospace & Aviation:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in Python programming.
- Expertise in at least one Python framework, such as Django or Flask.
- Use of Python libraries such as NumPy and Pandas would be beneficial.
- Experience with cloud technologies would be beneficial.
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent relevant experience.