Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability with a significant wealth of experience in all aspects of operations preparation activities and mission operations, to be involved in multiple missions from operations aspects of feasibility studies, contribution to Space Situational Awareness projects, involvement in mission development from phase 0/A through rehearsals, LEOP & mission execution to end of life operations.
The company offer hybrid working and flexible hours, and you will join a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, in their office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
Responsibilities for the Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability:
- Act as an operations technical lead for missions and projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members via collaborative involvement in ongoing projects and missions.
- Perform routine and critical real-time spacecraft operations.
- Identify, define and potentially develop operational tools in support of fleet management and efficient operations.
- Develop, validate and maintain nominal and contingency mission operations procedures.
- Propose and develop operational solutions to enable a small team of engineers to control multiple in-flight spacecraft with minimal workload overhead.
- Develop, validate and maintain operations software tools and scripts.
- Provide operations expertise at system, subsystem and unit level, supporting ongoing mission development, bid proposals and other activities as required.
- Perform health and performance trend analysis at system, sub-system and unit level.
Skills required by the Spacecraft Operations Engineer – Space Sustainability:
- University degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Ideally 5+ years of demonstrable satellite industry experience, preferably real-time operations as part of a flight control team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of satellite subsystems, in particular AOCS/GNC or OBDH.
- Familiarity with the operation of mission control systems, in particular procedure development, monitoring and control, mission planning, on-board software management, configuration management and simulator facilities.