Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Systems Engineer (Bid Support) – Space Sustainability to be central to the design effort of their missions, working as the technical architect and facilitating trade-offs across the system design.
This role is focused on the bid writing and early analysis phases of missions. By analysing and developing technical solutions in space sustainability, the successful applicant will contribute to future mission opportunities that did not previously exist, with many institutions and commercial companies exploring the potential market.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer (Bid Support) – Space Sustainability:
- Act as the lead technical authority for bids and phase 0 / A studies related to end-of-life or in-orbit servicing missions
- Interacting with BD capture and bid teams
- Authoring and reviewing technical proposal elements and project documentation
- Preparing work package descriptions and associated estimates
- Performing trade-off analyses and top level system design
- Adapting the system design from existing mission architectures to align with the needs of a new customer
- Support the existing missions as a system engineer, as and when needed. This could involve analysis reviews, trade-off, clean room testing etc.
Skills required by the Systems Engineer (Bid Support) – Space Sustainability:
- At least 2 years’ experience of satellite system engineering
- An understanding of all the critical subsystems that make up a satellite mission
- Ability to perform complicated trade-offs and present conclusions succinctly
- Good understanding of attitude and orbit control subsystem
- Experience of mission operations