Holt Executive is actively partnered with a growing leader across design and manufacturing space who provides unrivalled / unmatched cutting-edge technology and services into the surveillance and defence industries. Our partners core values are to drive innovation into everything they touch.
Our partner is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer – Defence / Naval to support all stages across the complete systems engineering lifecycle. The Systems Engineer – Defence/Naval will work covering requirements for capture, system architecture design and verification and validation activities, including using installed systems at the customer site.
Key Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer – Defence / Naval:
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist with the development of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning, and problem resolution activities
- International and Domestic travel will be required
Key Experience required for the Systems Engineer – Defence/Naval:
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems is desired
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A working knowledge of IP networks would be beneficial
Key Benefits offered for the Systems Engineer:
- 37.5 hours per week and early finish on Fridays
- Our partner offers a flexible approach for employees with the opportunity for partial remote/hybrid working where business needs allow
- 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Cover
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives
- On-site parking