Holt Executive are exclusively supporting a global provider of lifesaving/innovative connectivity solutions that connect people and assets around the globe, including in remote and challenging environments.
Are you passionate about technology and driven by excellent customer service?
Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy overcoming technical challenges?
Then this is your chance to join a leading provider of global mobile satellite communications, as a Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada.
In this dynamic role, as the Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada you’ll be the first point of contact for Government customers, supporting their critical telecommunications needs 24/7/365. You’ll receive and action customer service requests, troubleshoot service issues, maintain IT systems, as well as test and prepare satellite terminal hardware for field operations and ensure seamless support across different time zones.
Key Responsibilities for the Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada:
- Be the first point of contact for direct customers, ensuring their telecommunications needs are met 24/7/365 by working a rotating shift pattern.
- Diagnose and resolve service issues, from simple inquiries to complex outages, keeping customers informed and satisfied.
- Provide technical support to field staff, helping them operate and troubleshoot equipment.
- Maintain and update IT systems and satellite terminal hardware, ensuring smooth operation.
- Ensure all support Service Level Agreements are met, keeping customers updated on progress.
- Completion of allocated tasks within the agreed completion schedule.
- Continuously learn and grow, contributing to the improvement of processes and procedures.
Key Skills & Experience for the Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada:
- Hold a Diploma or Degree in IT, Engineering, or a related field.
- Have experience maintaining and supporting physical and virtual Windows Server systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving networking or communications systems incidents.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation and reports under supervision.
- Must have a problem-solving approach and be creative under pressure.
- Must have a sense of urgency and ownership of customer requirements and incidents.
- Must be self-motivated to achieve required tasks and project completion to the best standard in a busy environment.
- Must be competent with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Visio.
- Must hold Canadian citizenship and have a suitable background to qualify and maintain a government security clearance for Canada.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills for the Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada:
- Certifications in Windows Server and VMWare ESXi
- Certifications in IP Networking / Cisco networking.
- Experience in satellite communications, telecommunications and/or IP networks.
- A working knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems.
- A working knowledge of network virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
- VSAT installation and fault-finding experience. GVF certification.
- A working knowledge of trouble ticketing systems and document repositories such as Jira/ServiceNow and Confluence /SharePoint.
If your skills and experience match this Telecommunication / SATCOM Service Desk Engineer – Canada opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to – email@example.com