Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Bid Manager – Space Sustainability to develop bids and secure funding in support of a number of Business Development related areas including proposal production for commercial sales.
This role would suit someone with past experience in bids, ideally in the spacecraft sector or in complex engineering services or products, who wishes to grow responsibility in the end-to-end delivery of bids.
Responsibilities for the Bid Manager – Space Sustainability:
- Take responsibility for managing and coordinating entire bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission (leading or supporting negotiation as needed).
- Control overall production of the bid volumes to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Ensure bid execution according to bid PA/QA philosophy; conduct bid/no bid reviews and later stage bid reviews.
- Control bid finances, working with finance team and with external partners.
- Coordinating partner inputs (scope, finances), with procurement team.
Essential Skills required by the Bid Manager – Space Sustainability:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience working in bid management in the space industry, with a preference for those with experience of the full lifecycle of UKSA and ESA bids or sales experience of products or services.
- Understanding of European Space Agency (ESA) ecosystem, UKSA member state or other member state discussions and negotiations, and geo-return management, in large complex ESA bids.
- An excellent “sales / marketing style” in bid production which can be used to convey the selling points of the business, and to construct competitive but deliverable bids and commercial proposals.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 9 day working fortnight (opt in/out)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare