Our team here at Holt Executive Recruitment have partnered with a leading Design and Manufacturing business that specialises in electro-optics and has a unique video tracking technology which supplies into a variety of markets across the globe. Due to continued growth our partner has an immediate requirement for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their skilled engineering team in Wokingham.
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Develop designs for the effective packaging and thermal management of the company’s GRIP rugged computer and CHARM tracker products using SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Mechanical lead within a small, mixed-discipline, project team to produce quality design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Lead and work in collaboration with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, including thermal performance, stress, fatigue & vibration.
- Perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Be responsible for leading and developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Coordinate with wider engineering teams to develop and integrate electronic equipment into designs.
- Manage engineering documentation in adherence to company quality procedures. Create and update design data, BOMs ECRs and other records ensuring accuracy.
- Provide support for the production, test and field engineering teams.
- Work with project managers and sales teams to provide time estimates for design activities and keep appraised of progress.
- Support and assist the Sales Team in producing bids, proposals and quotations/sales literature.
Key Skills & Experience for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Be degree-educated in Mechanical Engineering.
- Be proficient in the use of SolidWorks 3D CAD system.
- Have experience in the development of enclosures for electronic equipment.
- Have a flair for innovation, new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering.
- Have proven experience in the total design process from requirements capture to product introduction.
- Understand the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques.
- Understand design for manufacture and ease of assembly.
- Take the lead with responsibility for the timely delivery of outputs within defined deadlines.
- Be able to communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Be able to lead the technical activities of a project design team, controlling workload and design output.
- Have experience in designing for use in harsh environments.
- Have experience in the Defence industry or similar sectors (for example, scientific equipment manufacturers, special purpose machine builders or high-end customisation companies).
- Be familiar with the principles of document control, preferably using Dassault 3DEXPERIENCE platform for SolidWorks.
- Proficient in performing engineering calculations.
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, and physiotherapy consultations.
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline.
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to the Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote well-being.
- Regular Sports and social activities.
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub).
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
Not quite what you are looking for? Browse more opportunities in our job section here.