Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Spacecraft Systems Engineer Team Lead – Space Sustainability to be responsible for line managing members of the team as well as taking the lead on project work. Therefore, you need to be a senior engineer with hands-on experience of working on spacecraft systems and be at a level where you can come in and start contributing to the projects straight away.
This role will help make a difference every day by ensuring the Systems team is well placed to drive forward our missions and help to make space safer and more sustainable for future generations.
Responsibilities for the Spacecraft Systems Engineer Team Lead – Space Sustainability:
- Line management of team members. This includes helping resolve blockers to their work, prioritising their work, conducting appraisals and conducting probation reviews.
- Planning the technical work for the systems team members. Assigning tasks appropriately and effectively taking team member skillsets and abilities in to account
- Overall responsibility for the technical output of the people being managed
- Create a plan to address the development needs of the existing team members
- Support engineering technical work performed by the team including:
- The development of spacecraft mission and system design including requirements derivation and CONOPS definition.
- Rapid feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures
- Performing mission analysis and modelling of spacecraft missions as well as Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel.
- Maintaining the configuration control of systems work and documentation
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and system level to define development and verification plans.
- Assist with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
Skills required by the Spacecraft Systems Engineer Team Lead – Space Sustainability:
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years work experience as a systems engineer for a spacecraft mission
- Knowledge of the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification, including experience of leading or planning for project review gates in satellite engineering
- Experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare