Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a Systems Engineering Manager to lead a highly talented, passionate team on all space system engineering activities. This role will have overarching management responsibility for the spacecraft systems team; ensuring everyone works together to deliver appropriate solutions, to schedule and cost, across all projects.
The company are fast-growing, and you will have the platform to expand on your experience and develop your skills further to enable your team to deliver amazing results and make a difference every day, by driving missions forward.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineering Manager:
- Leadership and technical mentoring to the systems engineering group.
- Line management of Systems Team Leads.
- Manage hiring on a permanent and temporary basis, including outsourcing etc.
- Review scoping and costing for new project work packages.
- Review and communicate work package, and other plans, within the group and to Project Managers, including any technical or schedule risks.
- Ensure the quality of standards and procedures within the Systems Group.
- Define, map and propose relevant processes and procedures.
- Provide input and guidance to the technology roadmap for Systems.
Essential Skills required by the Systems Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of systems engineering standards and space industry standards.
- The ability to appropriately tailor and adapt standard engineering practises to a lean and fast-paced engineering development environment.
- Working technical knowledge of various space- and ground- segment subsystems and specialist functions, particularly orbital mechanics and AOCS/GNC.
- 10+ years’ experience of systems engineering within the commercial space industry.
- 5+ years’ recent experience in a line management role.
- Experienced and enthusiastic people manager, with a focus on leading and building strong teams, able to put the team and plan interests first.
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)